Five Minute Friday: Empty


Today I'm joining my friend The Gypsy Mama for five minutes where I'll write without editing, backtracking, or second guessing.  I'll write to find the beauty in the words...writing on empty in order to uncover a piece of me in this week that was crowded full of kids and deadlines, a  new pup and midterm giving husband.


Ready, Set, go.


EMPTY .  .  .
  
It's where I'm at right now, after a week where my limits were exceeded on Monday and then left in the dust. Where were the energy police when I needed them? No one stopped to give me a ticket or permission to slow myself in the chaos of the week.


My patience lies there too, plumb run out, as I cringe at myself after correcting my little about, of all things, brushing her teeth with excellence. Who brushes their teeth with excellence? I mean, good gracious, we brush them well, but excellence is reserved for other items, like speech, education, our treatment of each other, sharing what we believe...we do those things with excellence.  In the empty, I fear that my excellence in other areas was a bit kaput this week.


Sigh


Empty is where my energy level sits, even before I rise from bed...a part of  my SLE  & JRA I've come to accept over the last three decades. After six straight weeks of dance travel weekends,  disease activity amps up. Sometimes I wish it ran on empty.


In the empty though, I see Him. The One who graciously covers me with unending grace and shows me sweet mercy.


Grace and mercy I need to grant myself in the midst of this empty.


Empty that can be filled up so I can become more like Him.


STOP
.   .   .   .   .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving Well

Tuesday's Child is Full of Grace

The Power of Words