Take 5

Taking five is all about capturing the moments. Five, to be precise. Good, bad, or ugly...they all make up the week. Remembering them is what life is all about. Here in our nest? It's all about the remembering.

1. Our Big went away for the first time to a weekend camp. Gads of middle and high school kids from church were in attendance. Four coach buses. One new sleeping bag. A gallop-filled horseback ride on Luke (all the horses were named for biblical persons or characteristics). She learned, worshipped, laughed, grew. I think her wings may be a bit longer.

2. The prof and I experienced our first duo of days with Little Bit as a solo kiddo. Glorious is the only way to describe those sweet forty-eight hours. It was interesting to note the difference in the "feel" of our home...Our chicks are definitely their own little people, right down to the way our home hums when they are in it.

3. We went to the pumpkin patch. Twice. The first one that we pulled into was scary to say the least. The dude running it had on one very holey wife beater and the "patch" was thirty pumpkins in front of a lean-to. No joke. Thanks to the Droid, I mapped us to another farm about 15 minutes further...complete with hayride and corn maze. We got lost in the maze. I slightly freaked out after an hour. I thought about Google Earthing myself out of it. Narrowly decided against it when I realized how much fun my Boo was having leading us around.

4. I tried a fried Oreo. Correction: I tried a small bite of a fried Oreo. Verdict? Quite unhealthy in a doughy goodness way. It made me yearn for a real Cider Mill/Apple Orchard and fresh cider and donuts.

5. It became oh so cool here in the South for a few days. Amazing. We wore jeans and I thought about breaking out the fingerless gloves for the dance waiting room. It's currently back to tank tops and pants, but that is a HUGE improvement on the weather. I love wearing my jeans; they make me seriously happy.

What was stupendous or ho-hum in your days? I can’t wait to hear about your week! Just click below and follow the instructions to link to your Take 5 post. When it asks you to choose the web or a file for your thumbnail, choose web. Then it will take you to a list of the images on the page you are linking to and you’ll be able to choose a photo for your thumbnail.

Comments

  1. You didn't tell me about the first wife-beater pumpkin patch!!! Did Yodi's face fall in disappointment? Or were you too afraid to let her out of the car? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funny about the sketch pumpkin patch! so thankful for web accessibility on the go.
    love the cooler weather, too, but i'm not gonna lie… was not ready for full throttle fall yet.
    i understand it's coming next week… highs in the 60s. now if only the leaves would get with the program!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Loving Well

Tuesday's Child is Full of Grace

The Power of Words