Take 5

Yippie for Friday...we've made it through the week. Seven more days removed from the lazy days of summer. Those are the moments that I'm missing this week. Ones of quiet and sleep and a lack of rigid scheduling. How about you, is there anything you're missing this week?

Missing isn't always about wanting what you do not or cannot have in the present. Sometimes it's about looking back a bit wistfully and noticing what you need to work on incorporating into your days.

Here are 5 things I'm missing this week...

1. Having family close. After two years you'd think I'd be used to going it alone. I'm not. I miss the girls being able to laugh with their grandparents, and my mom and dad having the ability to really "see" them as they grow up.

2. My best friend. Skype, twitter, texting and the telephone are all most fantastic and I definitely feel her with me all the time, but there's something to be said for just being able to "be" together.

3. A well-behaved dog. I miss having one. Ours is sweet and fluffy and oh-so-good with the chicks, but well-mannered she is not.

4. Time. I miss it. I am not sure where it goes everyday, or how it escapes from me, but I miss feeling like I have it.

5. Fall. It's still 80 degrees here in my neck of the woods. I'm thankful for the warmth and the sunshine. I'm missing the crisp air and crunchy leaf piles of late October in the north. Oh, and donuts, fresh from the cider mill...I miss those too.

What happened in your week? Is there anything or one that you're missing? I'd love to hear! Just click below and follow the instructions to link to your Take 5 post. When it asks you to choose the web or a file for your thumbnail, choose web. Then it will take you to a list of the images on the page you are linking to and you’ll be able to choose a photo for your thumbnail.



Comments

  1. Yes. Yes there is something I'm wistfully missing. Many, actually. I happen to miss just being with MY very best heart-sister-friend, too. And I'm working so hard on being grateful for the ways I can have you here so I don't dwell on how much I wish I was there. How I wish I could help you with the girls and be your ear when you need it and just be there.

    I am incredibly grateful for you, sister. However we manage to make that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, i'm sitting here with a blank page knowing that there are things i'm wistfully missing yet all at once coming to a complete blank except for those things that you miss that you haven't really had yet...a missing of the what you hope is to come. and that i think means it's past my bedtime! but so glad i got to stop in again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done this, but was inspired to do one by Sara. :) I actually decided to do 5 somethings from the past year this time, but maybe next week I will actually follow the rules ;) I LOVE that it feels like fall where I am...October is by far my favorite month, and not JUST because it's my birthday month :)

    Have a great day/weekend/next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippie for a birthday month!!! I tried to publish on these from my phone when I read them. Looking back, I just realized they didn't show up! ARGH blogger. So, here's for second chances...

    Just Me: I love that it feels like fall for you :) Fall is by far my favorite season. The smell of the air, crunch of leaves, and all around way the light bounces off of things. Fall. Love it. Birthdays are the best. Hands down. NO better way to celebrate being in this crazy world. No need to follow the rules. Join in any way you see fit, I'm just so thankful you came on over :)Oh, and Sara? She inspires a whole lot of great things.

    Katie: I completely understand being wistful. It's a great part of knowing your heart and where it stands. It's a fantastic part of growing. From wistfulness comes hope. Hope gives life to so many amazing events.Thankful for you, kiddo.

    Sar: Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Loving Well

Tuesday's Child is Full of Grace

The Power of Words