So...let's take 5!
1. We were invited to our second neighborhood party here in the great state of TN. I washed faces, brushed hairs, and got us out the door and across the street. The chicks had a blast in the jump castle, the prof played basketball and was asked if he was a former pro you should have seen the man grin, and I managed to appear social. It was a success all the way around.
2. On Sunday morning, we attended an amazing Gospel concert instead of going to our regular church. We loved it. Little Bit was fully into it and the Big, although slightly uncomfortable, actually ended up clapping. Having roots in Deee-troit, the hubs and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It took us back to our church youth choir days where we took spirituals on tour one summer thank you so much Mr. Randy Bonser. IT ROCKED.
3. I made dinner for a friend who'd had surgery. It's a gift to be able to show the girls love in action. Then I made three containers of soup to freeze in case it ever becomes cold. Um, I haven't cooked this much in six months more like a year. Really.
4. We did "stuff" that makes the house feel like a home. After two and one quarter years, I put liquid soap in decorative containers, covered the Kleenex box on the main floor in stainless steel, purchased matching towels for our bathroom, and hung a few pictures. It's the first time I've been sure that we aren't going anywhere in the near future (we've always moved every four or so years as the man has finished a job or done schooling) and I'm thinking it might be okay to continue making this place ours.
5. I took the memory foam chair pad to dance. I sat on it. In front of people. A whole lot of people. I did it three days in a row. Folks, I park in a handicapped space and all, but good heavens, I fake it good. This week I just couldn't. It was equal parts liberating and humiliating. 100% of it? Growth.
What happened in your week? I'd love to hear! Just click below and follow the instructions to link to your Take 5 post. When it asks you to choose the web or a file for your thumbnail, choose web. Then it will take you to a list of the images on the page you are linking to and you’ll be able to choose a photo for your thumbnail.