Five Minute Friday:Vivid


Five minute Friday is here...five minutes where I'll write without editing, backtracking, or second guessing.  Five minutes to write because I love it, because it frees me, if only for five minutes...
Today's topic?  Vivid

Ready...Set...Go!
Vivid

In my mind I see all the colors of her...

purple for that hair color that went awry

Irish green for those sparkling eyes

creamy smooth of a face not oft touched by sun

tan spots spattering her cheeks

the blue of her living area which became a bedroom that matched mine

gray Iowa skies on a minus three December's eve

yellow happy returns lilies we placed in her garden

red for the cowl neck she wore

black, a cozy blanket her dad brought the last time he visited

distressed wood on the bedside table

crystal sparkles in the lime slush

a rainbow cascade in her laughter

pure sunshine out of her smile


She was vivid. Vibrant. Beautiful.

It's how I'll always see her in my heart..

Stop.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving Well

The Power of Words

Tuesday's Child is Full of Grace