Five Minute Friday : Awake


Five minute Friday is here...five minutes where I'll write without editing, backtracking, or second guessing.  
Today's topic?  AWAKE.

Ready...Set...Go!

                         
Awake

What I do before the sun climbs into the sky so that I am able to exercise and pray and have a few moments of time unblemished by noise and the thoughts of the day.

Awake

It was what I was not today when the alarm went off and I tried to pretend that I didn't hear it's call.

Awake

How I want my heart to be to the world that surrounds me, with all of the messy and beautiful combined.

Awake

The Grace Girl at 1:30 am trying to process all of the "new" around her. New classes, harder curriculum, new friends who have half a decade on her, new dance and new styles. So much new for a heart that is still just waking up... which leads to troubled bedtimes and notice of the passing hands of the clock.

Awake

AND

...grateful to be so.

STOP


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving Well

Tuesday's Child is Full of Grace

The Power of Words