Five Minute Friday:Real


Five minute Friday is here...I'm joining my friend The Gypsy Mama for five minutes where I'll write without editing, backtracking, or second guessing.  
Today's topic?  Real.

Ready...Set...Go!


Real is what I am at home, when the doors close and the world cannot see me. It's the wince as I get in and out of the car parked in a spot reserved with a blue background and white symbol.  It is in the sigh of frustration of not being able to open a bottle without leaning over and holding it between my feet so I can twist a cap. Real is in the little moments of my life that I am often capable of shielding from the world.


Most people don't like it, the real. They pretend it doesn't exist. They don't want it to. Real is messy and painful and oh-so-honest. I prefer truth. The more years I'm given the easier it is to accept myself where I'm at and be okay with who I'm being made into every day. I'm just not sure that someone else will. Real.


I yearn for friendships, for other women, who value what I do. Who love where someone is at, right in a moment. I strive to find others who are not necessarily like me but share a story line that unites us. Being a woman is enough, for don't we share in that? The tired, the expectations, the struggles, the hopes and fears and joys?  


Real is the stuff that we're made of. Perfectly and uniquely formed from. Not ideal. REAL.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving Well

Tuesday's Child is Full of Grace

The Power of Words